Twitter is among the most valued component of social media marketing. It is one of the three social networking sites that bloggers recommend to business owners to improve product or service visibility. But does Twitter truly help? If yes, in which way? Before you entertain doubts in your mind, continue your reading below:
1. Search engines give importance to social media in terms of ranking. Truth is that they have modified their search algorithm to include Twitter and other social networking sites in their ranking factor. What you then write in your Twitter account can be indexed in case it matches the query of the Internet users. It is safe to say then that it works similar to backlinks, anchor text and keywords, which successfully attracts search engine spiders.
2. What is your primary reason you aim to optimize your website? This is to be able to improve your Internet exposure, right? Twitter can assist you in this process. As you continuously talk about your products or services and your current customers reply and your potential clients make an inquiry, you are not only building connections with your market but you are also facilitating brand awareness in your approach. What about retweets? This lets you maximize the full potentials of your growth.
3. If you have testimonials or reviews on your website, you can also have the same in your Twitter. Each time your Tweet-friends, as well as your loyal customers, tweet something good and positive about your products or services, other people can read them. Because there seems to be a huge talk about you, search engines will crawl into these conversations, decipher their relevance to user queries and more likely index them. As users find you in the search engine results list and read about what you sell and how people benefit from them, they will be attracted to visit your site. You will surely think: This is how SEO effectively works.
4. There are so many posts (or tweets) about your products or services, as well as your website. More than these, search engines notice a good number of hashtags referring to your trade. You are so fortunate. This is because the more popular your website turns out on Twitter, the more value it begins to earn from search engine spiders.
5. Improving your customer base is one of your reasons for launching your SEO campaign. Twitter can help you in this manner. As you tweet about your business and people begin to connect with you and follow your posts, this only means that you are slowly growing your followers but more importantly, you are almost near to attracting new customers and increasing your customer base.
6. Reinforcing brand loyalty is much easier when you have a platform to spread awareness about your product. Consumers will regularly see posts that contain their favourite products and they will become more aware of the many benefits that come with them. This will help your brand build an identity and a wider base that will also learn to appreciate your brand.
7. If your aim is to create original content for search engines, Twitter can be a very good platform to do this from. You can consider it a form of social media that allows the quick spread of content without much of a cost. Consumers in the Twitter-verse will gladly share anything they find interesting or useful on the platform, which can be very beneficial to you and your business. The backlinks that are created from them linking to your content will also alert search engines to the quality of your website.
8. Twitter might not allow a lot of words in their posts, but the character limit doesn’t stop you from saying everything you need to say. Keywords blend in flawlessly in twitter posts and account biographies. Since everyone is already in a rush to have a few words as possible in their posts, it becomes second nature to read things in the form of keywords.
9. Tunnel vision is something that businesses try to avoid on most social media websites. It can show consumers that all you care about is selling your product, instead of giving them the quality content experience that they crave. On the other hand, Twitter is a bit different in this regard. Nobody really minds if you stay focused on a singular topic. There is an overabundance of different tweets on everyone’s feed, which means that your product-centric tweet won’t stand out in a bad way. Make sure your tweets are keyword dense so that you give both consumers and search engines something to look for.
10. URL’s might not be as useful on Twitter as they are on other social media websites, but they shouldn’t be disregarded. The only problem you run into when adding your website URL is the fact that Twitter has an automatic no-follow tag for URLs. Because of this, search engines don’t recognize the authority of your website link when it’s in your Twitter profile. It’s essentially a dead end when it comes to optimizing for search engine crawlers. On the other hand, there’s no reason you shouldn’t include it in your posts anyway. Nothing will stop regular users from clicking on the link when they enjoy your posts and content.
11. On Twitter, it’s important to create an organic connection with your consumers, because this will directly bring traffic to your website. When it comes to search engine optimization, you should leave that to your posts and the posts of others that mention your business. You can consider Twitter an almost completely enclosed system, which is why you have to build links from within the website. Your content is in the tweets and the tweets will bring you traffic and search engines attention.
Some people still question the help that Twitter can contribute to businesses, more so to SEO. These doubting Thomases cannot accept that simple tweets can change the way search engines crawl and index websites. Just let them think what they want to think. As long as you know the proper to use Twitter for SEO, they should not matter to you. Remember, it is your business that will harvest success through the use of this social network. Just continue what you are doing. They may be too late before they will realize that they are wrong.
Melbourne 401 Collins St,
Melbourne VIC 3000
Brisbane 310 Edward Street,
Brisbane City QLD 4000+61 7 3186 0370
Perth 45 St Georges Terrace,
Perth WA 6000+61 8 6189 3430
702/ 122 Walker Street,
North Sydney NSW 2060+61 2 8920 0255
Adelaide 5 Peel St,
Adelaide SA+61 8 7078 3634
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia