How to Generate Traffic from Facebook Page
Facebook was first enjoyed by individuals who liked to connect with friends. Now, it has become the second home of organizations, especially those that operate businesses online. They recognize its value to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it contributes in improving their search engine ranking. As they sign up for a Facebook Page, they get to know their recent customers and they get the chance to increase their client base. This is because they are able to promote their products and services through this page. More importantly, they are able to build strong connection with their prospective customers.
But then again, you will have to carry out some techniques to become successful like these online businesses. Yes, it takes strategies to make the most of your Facebook Page. Check these:
1. Think of a name for your Facebook Page. Make sure that it does not sound spammy or else, people will evade your account. Worse, they will hide your posts or updates. In addition, do not make your page title so generic or Facebook will not be able to characterize your business. It may not post updates from your page as well. So what is the best thing to do? Stick to the name of your company. Never dare to change it or you reduce your chance to SEO.
2. As you paste your content in the “About” and “Info” tabs of your Facebook Page, you have to see to it that it is rich with keywords and keyword phrases. This is the best way to optimize your page. It is unlikely for Facebook users to read them but at least search engine spiders will.
Of course, search engines will not be able to crawl on your images because they are not optimized. However, what you do is to insert caption. This will give your image the chance to be indexed.
3. Post videos and include keywords or keyword phrases in the title. This is what search engines read. In fact, they give more value to video titles. For example: “The staff of DGD during Home Repair Service Project”.
4. Privacy settings allow individuals who wish to protect their identities online to restrict people’s access. However, this should not be the case with your Facebook Page. You have to allow people to enter your page.
5. You should also take advantage of the vanity URL, where you can basically change the URL with your company name. If it makes sense, consider including your keywords in the URL. This will make it easy for search engines as well as for customers to find you.
6. Turning to “Static FBML” boxes can also aid you in posting lengthy content. Facebook allows you to create additional boxes or tabs, where you can enjoy less ‘censorship’. Through these, you can discuss any subject matter. You can also include images and more importantly, hyperlinks. These may considerably increase your page rank.
Most people today are Facebook users. Therefore, it should not surprise you that the battleground for online businesses is also here. It promises wider (if not maximum) visibility to your target market. It lets you promote your business with ease. Search engine spiders frequent it. More importantly, users can now search for companies that offer the products or services that they need through Facebook’s own search bar. And that is another great way for your customers to find you.