Competition in the online retail digital photography market is steep. In an 11 month period from January 2016 to December 2016, Camera Warehouse saw their online traffic increase by almost 100 percent three quarters of which was due to organic SEO.
Dedicated use of keywords and backlinks moved the site from Google’s page three to page one. The majority of hits came from Google with 36 percent, direct links at 27percent and from securewarehouse.com with 26 percent.
The number of keywords for this client has been kept focused with the improvements to standing being seen as more important than the number of keywords used. By increasing the frequency of specific keywords and creating solid backlinks and content, the ratings have increased exponentially leading to the increase in traffic. We had 40 major keywords moved to Page 1 with over 10,000 searches per month.
Keyword movement included:
- Camera Backpack – 14,800 searches per month. Moved to Page 1 Result 2
- Camera Shop – 12,1000 searches per month. Moved to Page 1 Result 3
- Cameras Online – 10,000 searches per month.
- Sigma Lens – 33,100 searches per month. Moved to Page 1 Result 2
- Camera Straps – 12,100 searches per month. Moved to Page 1 Result 4
According to Google AdWords, the average return on investment with this client has been by a factor of 20.